Single pin bow sights are rather simple regarding performance and durability which is what makes them great. They’ll keep you on target without breaking in the field. You can find various types of pin sights in the market. Finding the best single pin bow sight can be tough, which is why we reviewed our favorites to make your decision easier! If you’re interested in seeing what else is out there, we recommend checking out our review of best compound bow sights which covers 3 and 5 pin models.
Best-One Pin Bow Sight
Spot Hogg Hogg Father Bow Sight
I have been trying for years to look for the best single pin bow sight to no avail. Most of the models disappointed me due to poor reliability and not being easy to manage.
But when I landed into this moveable Spot Hogg bow sight, I started my hunting with much ease. In fact, I call it the “Mother of all Hogg’s.” It shares charismatic features that attracted me to try and see.
Without a doubt, I was glad to add a plus every day instead of a minus. The bow works efficiently with perfect precision and provides a deadly combination when bowhunting.
- It comes with a well-designed travel case for utmost protection
- Features quick-release dovetail that enhances long extensions
- Installed Yardage or Bull Knob wheel is sizable which makes it easier to hold and rotate
- The bomb-proof construction provides this bow with adequate precision
- It comes with unique vertical adjustment than other models
- Spot Hogg has incorporated a drive and clamping screw on the pointer which helps to tighten up the set screws
- Supports second and thirst axis capabilities and comes with 1-7 pins
Verdict: Expect to get a super and “father-like” protection that is built to last with this best bow sight by Spot Hogg. It is accurate, robust, reliable and dependable.
For a moveable pin sight, it is a smart investment has no doubt that this site will give me a sufficient lifespan.
Best Bow Sight for Treestands
Truglo Pendulum Adjustable Bracket 1-Pin Sight
If you are a tree stand shooter lover, you can never go wrong with this pendulum technology bow sight. You can easily shoot up to 35 yards and easy to adjust.
Considering that other bow sight models are quite noisy, this bow sight is soundless. You are also guaranteed to focus more on your aiming techniques, thanks to the adjustable brackets 0.019” pin,(I call it a 2-in-1 bow sight).
Purely made out of aluminum hence making it withstand rust. You can easily tune this bow sight depending on your preference: either left or right.
- It can easily be locked for ground shooting
- Easily adjustable for right and left-hand shooter
- Includes a wrapped fiber for additional protection
- Use the pre-printed Yardage tapes TG701 only
- Provide violet rheostat LED, 1.8” Aperture diameter
- Fiber optic cable included
- Does not work in wet to freezing condition
- More complicated for those not shooting from treestands
Verdict: The high-quality rheostat light feature makes work easier for you since you won’t purchase any light batteries. The glow in the dark shooter’s ring is what every hunter enthusiasts need to quench the hunting thirst. Allow me to say to you that this bow is one of the accurate and most advanced pendulum sights. That is one of the reasons why I have decided to review it.
Best Movable Bow Sight
HHA Sports Optimizer Light 0L-5019
HHA Sports Optimizer Light is a single-pin sight that features the Blue Burst Light and lens kit. You can easily adjust the level arm since it weighs about 8oz.
Not to mention that it comes with a mounting bracket which helps the sight to be set in the right position and height. The housing bracket is quite firm hence eliminating the room for screw play.
All adjustments are made with the help of the Totally Toolness System, which is considered a welcoming future if you always use hex set handy to fix.
- Adjustable pins for hunting
- Rheostat adjustment for maximum light or less light of the fiber optic pin
- You can quickly change the brightness of the pin with this sight
- It is easy to use and works as expected
- Comes with Ultra Tapes which are marked for every yard (other sight models tapes are marked for every five yards)
- Armor Pin Technology provides this sight with a rigid fiber housing hence protecting it from further damage
- It is well designed with aluminum and an anti-glare coating
Verdict: The sight for this bow is stable enough to tackle the hunting environment. Forget about tightening up the screws due to rattling or loosening.
Setting up is easy as compared to other models. Included sight tapes are easy to manage and deliver an accurate performance. Overall: It is an outstanding sight, lightweight and gives great accuracy.
The best left-handed bow sight
HHA Sports Optimizer Lite Ultra DS-5519 LH
It is a new left-hand bow sight that comes with unique features. I can’t resist a lifetime warranty and green sight ring that exclusively provides you with optimum leveling. It is advised to install the sight at the desired level since it could later affect your arrow clearance.
One immediate thing that draws me closer to this best bow sight is the ability to sight it first in 20 yards and then later at 60 yards. Also, remember to make small adjustments till you reach 60 yards, especially if you don’t have a clue on how to approximate your 20 and 60 pins.
- Single pin allows you to have maximum focus without any distractions
- Has a 4x lens which helps you to improve your target
- 019 pin
- Features a rheostat feature that lets you tune the pin brightness
- Fiber Optic Length 3 to 6”
Verdict: You can easily adjust this bow sight to suit your preferences. Not to mention this HHA Optimizer Lite has overall quality craftsmanship, well-performing single pins, and solid construction. But if you want to shoot to over 120 or more yards, try a more improved sight like HHA Optimizer King Pin. This site is on the higher end, but if you utilize it correctly you will experience the tightest grouping ever. And don’t worry – they make a right-handed model too!
Honorable mentions – Apex Gear Covert 1-Pin Sight
The Apex Gear Covert 1-Pin Sight is the best on the market. It’s sleek, well built, and has held up to repeated use in the field without ever having an issue. And with its wide aperture and both horizontal and vertical tilt adjustments, it’s easy to use for multiple bows.
- It contains Micro-adjustable elevation and windage feature
- Its scope housing can be aligned to peep as its shooter ring glows in the dark
- The location of its rear-facing yardage tape can be seen easily
- It’s aluminum construction is precisely machined
- Price – it’s one of the more expensive models
- Color – more of a preference, but we’re not a fan of the bright orange ring
HHA DS-XL5010 Optimizer Lite Ultra Site
This HHA site single pin sight is one of the best due to its ultra-lightweight. CNC machine crafted out of aluminum and made in the USA, HHA stands by their work with a lifetime warranty.
- It is supported with 100% warranty for the lifetime
- It’s aluminum construction is CNC machined
- It can be used by 3D shooters and bowhunters
- .010 pin and green sight ring
- No mounting hardware
- Direct message feature is missing
Trophy Ridge React-One Bow Sight
It is the best one pin sight for use by both right and left-handed shooters.
- It is completely constructed in aluminum
- Its micro-adjustment does not need any tool
- Its pin is made of ultra-bright fiber
- Its pin contains a rheostat light
- It can be used for fast targeting up to 20 yards
- It is provided with yardage stickers from 20 to 100 yards
- Sight level and rheostat light are its other important features
- There are better sights on the market for those who only shoot right-handed
- Difficult to find – with .10 and .19 pins, and left and right-handed models, finding the perfect combination might be difficult